On Saturday afternoon, friends and family gathered to celebrate Charlotte’s upcoming first birthday. Party planning isn’t my forte so I’m fortunate to have had plenty of help from creative family members. After incessantly scrolling through Pinterest for theme ideas, I decided a whimsical ‘woodland one-derland’ sounded too cute.
My cousin graciously hosted the party in her backyard – complete with a variety of decor she so creatively fashioned. Some whimsical touches included flow-y drapes, empty frames, cozy blankets cloaked over benches and chairs, and lots of burlap.
I will forever be thankful to my cousin who sacrificed her time and opened up her home to create the most adorable party for our sweet girl. It was the kind of afternoon that we didn’t want to end.
Here are some more details:
- The invitation is from Shutterfly. I was so pleased with how they turned out!
- Charlotte’s birthday crown headband was a darling find from Moonpennies Kids (and her dress was from Baby Gap!)
- I crafted the ‘O-N-E’ banner (simply) with some twine and cutouts from Hobby Lobby.
- Our cakes were made by Mrs. Goodman’s – a local bakery. I added the bunting (purchased from Kiss Me Kate Studio) and woodland critters (Marty found at an antique shop near our house.)
- My sister baked ‘toadstool’ cupcakes for an additional sweet treat! Talented lady, I tell you.
- We served two types of chili (thanks mom!), ‘pinecone’ cheese balls, ‘fallen branches’ (pretzel sticks), ‘deer food’ (veggie tray), and freshly picked berries (from the local market.)
My favorite part of the day was watching Charlotte taste her first bites of sugar! To our surprise, she didn’t seem to enjoy it (is she my daughter??) We all thought the frosting may have been a bit too rich for her. She sure looked adorable while playing in the crumbs.
My only regrets? We didn’t capture a decent photo of us with the birthday girl. That said, the most important thing is that we got to spend a perfect fall afternoon with our loved ones, celebrating little miss Charlotte Rose.