1.) I can’t believe that I’m entering the last three months of my nanny job. I’ve been with these kiddos for almost two years and it’s remarkable how much they’ve grown in such a short amount of time. I’m starting to get a little sad but I’m also excited to move on to the next chapter of my life. That said, I’ve really been trying to enjoy these last moments with them. It’s bittersweet…
- Fin and Lady by Cathleen Schine: This novel does an excellent job of capturing the essence of an era and the appeal of a location; I would’ve loved to have grown up in 1960s Greenwich Village. Great read.
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty: Now I get what all the hype was about. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
- Great With Child by Beth Ann Fennelly: What a wonderful collection of letters to a ‘soon-to-be’ mama. I wish Beth Ann were my friend 🙂
- A Million Miles in A Thousand Years by Donald Miller: Author of Blue Like Jazz (which I actually haven’t read yet) – Donald Miller is a rare talent. Such a beautifully written book. I didn’t want it to end.
- One More Thing by BJ Novak: We all knew that Novak was a brilliant writer after watching The Office – did you expect anything less for his first collection of short stories? I laughed out loud on numerous occasions. Favorite stories include: Julie & the Warlord, ‘Rithmetic, The Girl Who Gave Great Advice, I Never Want to Walk on the Move.
3.) My family celebrated my sisters twenty-third birthday over the weekend. We had a pre-Cinco De Mayo fiesta style dinner (my favorite!) For dessert: German Chocolate Cake! Yum. Happy Birthday to my sweet sister.
4.) It’s spring in Columbus!!
What have you been up to lately? Any book suggestions? (You know I always love book suggestions!)
Oh – and I recently switched from Feedly to Bloglovin! Find me on there 🙂