– Celebrat-ing the completion of my teaching license! I did it you guys! I turned in all of my field experience reports/lesson plans and can officially teach. I’m not sure what kind of teaching position lies ahead of me; however, I am SO relieved to finally be done.
– Finish-ing up some of the books that have taken me far too long to read. One of my goals for the year was to read fifty books. While I was on a roll in January and February, I got really behind over the past couple of months. Fortunately, now that I’m done with my teaching license, I have much more free time to read for pleasure! What am I reading?
- Obsessed by Mika Brzezinski
- The Four Seasons of Marriage by Gary Chapman
- Penelope by Rebecca Harrington
– Partak-ing in National Donut Day. Did you? Marty and I made it out to Buckeye Donuts last Friday night to celebrate the National Day of Donuts 😀 I enjoyed a chocolate iced cake donut with sprinkles and Marty had an apple fritter. I hadn’t eaten a donut since last summer in Portland (Voodoo Doughnuts) and, after eating this one, I can’t believe I hadn’t enjoyed one much sooner!
– Miss-ing my best friend. My best friend, Kristina, moved to California last Thursday. CALIFORNIA! Why couldn’t she have moved to a state nearby? We have been friends since sixth grade so to say I’m bummed is an understatement. I think the hardest part of having a friend move away (especially one that you’ve known for the greater part of your life) is that she was one of the few people that has been there thorough it all – the good, the bad and the very ugly. She was even my roommate at one point. On the plus side, I’ll see her for a few days at the beginning of July (I’m in her wedding) but the bad thing is that plane tickets to California are expensive so I’m not sure when I’ll see her again after the wedding.
– ‘Pinn-ing’ like a mad woman. I’ve always been a fan of Pinterest, but recently, I’ve cannot seem to get enough! I’ll leave you with a few of my favorite ‘pins’:
Life Lately (According to my Android)
(Top Left to Bottom Right) Coffee time with Marty x2, Craft: snake made out of contact paper and colored paper scraps, started lifting again and I’m finally starting to notice a difference :D, baby Ethan, drinks at the airport, bowling date night with Marty and friends, Cameron resting on a park bench, sister and I enjoying the beautiful trees, Marty’s sister celebrates her 17th birthday.
What have you been up to this month? Did you celebrate National Donut Day? Have you ever had a best friend move away? Any book suggestions?