Truth: I’m not a huge fan of summer. Actually, it’s my least favorite season. The heat and humidity are just not my thing (plus, being a redhead makes it difficult to go into the sun – even when I’m wearing sunscreen!)
All complaints aside, there are some things I do enjoy: warm weather while loading groceries into your car, patios are fun for people watching, husband is out of school for the summer (yay!), its acceptable to eat ice cream more than once a
day week 🙂
I know a lot of you would disagree with me; however there is just nothing like an Ohio fall. Gah! I am so excited that we are getting a tad closer to cooler days, scarfs, harvest decor, jackets, cozy sweaters, apples and, of course, all things pumpkin!!
I could dream of fall all day long but instead I’ve decided to embrace the current season and therefore made a summer bucket list! Without further adieu….
– Visit Yellow Springs, Ohio (A charming village near Dayton, Ohio. Small cafes, mom and pop stores, Young’s Dairy Farm and amazing art. I’ve surprisingly never been so I am long overdue a day trip. Fun fact: Dave Chappelle lives there!) – Go to Rising Park overlook
– Have a picnic with Marty
– Eat Jeni’s Ice Cream in Goodale Park (If you’ve never tried Jeni’s; you’re missing out! Liz knows what I’m talking about 🙂 )
– Drink on a patio
– Enjoy a ‘tropical’ drink by the ocean (I think this should be do-able when we’re in Destin!)
– Eat fresh seafood (Again, I think this is do-able in Destin!)
– Bike the entire Olentangy Trail
– Zoombezi Bay
– Go canoeing (We have a canoe, so why not!)
So tell me: what is on your 2013 Summer Bucket List?