1) My nanny job has been keeping me on my toes lately. Little Ethan has had a cold since Valentine’s Day and Cameron has really embodied that whole ‘tantrum threes’ attitude. I just need it to continue getting warmer outside so we can escape from the house – maybe it would help the temper tantrums. I think both she and I are a bit stir-crazy from being around the house all winter. C’mon warmer weather…
2) I mentioned in my Easter post that I decided to get bangs. I had been throwing the idea around for awhile (and even asked you guys your opinion last month 🙂 ) and just decided to go for it. It had been eight months since my last haircut so I figured it be fun to change it up. My thoughts? I really love them but I wish they were a little easier to style. I used to have the most low maintenance hair (I would seriously flip my hair upside down in the shower, scrunch my fingers through it to stimulate the natural wave and then go) but now I have to dry and straighten the bangs. I know it may seem like nothing but for someone who could get their hair ready in less than five minutes – it’s a big deal!
3) I have been able to spend more time with my mom and sister lately and I LOVE it. I really miss them and I hate that I only get to see them once or twice a week but at least it’s something. I know some of you don’t get to see family more than a couple of times a year – I definitely don’t want to take our proximity for granted but I wish we could get together more often.
4.) Speaking of spending time with my mom, on Saturday I joined her and two of my aunts on a trip to the Cincinnati Art Museum. It was such a nice afternoon (really the first spring-like day this year!) We arrived in Cincinnati around noon, picked up my aunt and headed to the Rookwood for lunch. Sidenote: I’d heard of the Rookwood before but had never been; it was so cool! Once home to Rookwood Pottery, the restaurant is now a trendy place to dine in Mt. Adams. After lunch, we headed over to the museum and spent the next few hours walking around, viewing all different types of art! It really was a great way to spend the afternoon.
5.) I also mentioned in my Easter post how I got a juicer! I have used it 3x since last week and I’m LOVING it. I’ll admit, I could see that it may get a bit expensive if you’re buying mostly organic fruits/veggies; however, I pair it with a bowl of oats & almond milk for breakfast and I feel like it’s well worth the time and money. Does anyone have any great recipes to share? I know there are a ton of recipes online but I’d really like to know favorites of my friends 🙂
6.) I’m taking the day off this Friday (from nannying) so that I can spend some time catching up on my teaching license. I’m getting down to the wire and I really have a lot left to do. Unfortunately I’m not sure if teaching is what I even want to do anymore but I decided not to think about it until I have the license in my hand…and I’ll decide where to go from there. Options? 1) Work at Whole Foods as a Body Care buyer and possibly work my way up to team leader or higher? This would give me the flexibility to stay at home once Marty and I start a family. 2) Pursue a teaching job and start teaching sixth grade. I see the pros and cons of this job – it would definitely give me some of the time I’d want to spend with my future children but it’s definitely a mental/time commitment (outside of the eight hour workday.) 3) Continue nannying/Whole Foods for one more year and then completely reevaluate where I am and go from there. 4) Start from scratch with my Marketing degree (I’m about six classes from an associates degree). How are we supposed to know what we want to do with our lives at twenty-four?
And lastly, I wanted to share some interesting reads I’ve seen around the web lately:
– Twenty-five healthy goals for each day
– Stressed out? Try one of these great teas to beat stress.
– Should you stop talking to your best friend about your marriage? Hmm…
– Why don’t we make better choices with our health?
– Steps to Productivity – these are some great tips guys!
How is your Tuesday going? Got any juice recipes for me? 🙂