Are we seriously almost at the end of February? I usually feel as though time passes slowly; however, this month really did fly by! What with our trip to Pittsburgh, attending the Fiery Foods Fest and starting a second job at Whole Foods – it has been a busy month 🙂
So what else has been going on in February? Well, I have been…
– stay-ing crafty. I’m all about craft time while nannying. Gotta love those seasonal crafts!
– watch-ing the Academy Awards. Did you?
A few thoughts after the big night:
>Why didn’t Renee Zellweger announce the winner of the award? Did anyone else notice that? Strange. She kind of looked drunk…
>I just LOVE Jennifer Lawrence. She seems so down to earth and she is stunning. So what she tripped up the stairs? She has a great sense of humor and really kept her composure.
>I thought it was so sweet how Adele got choked up after she won for Best Original Song 🙂
>Best dressed (in my opinion) was Jessica Chastain.
>Worst Dressed (again, in my opinion) was Salma Hayek.
>So glad that Life of Pi won for Best Director. If you haven’t seen it yet – do yourself a favor and WATCH IT! I promise, you’ll enjoy it. Take a few tissues and be prepared for the most beautiful movie you’ve seen in years.
– read-ing some more great books this month (including This One Is Mine by Maria Semple and Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein.) If the name Maria Semple sounds familiar to you, it’s because she wrote the 2012 Best Seller Where’d You Go Berndette? I’m not sure what it is about Semple’s writing but I just really enjoy her books. I can’t wait to read more…
– celebrat-ing my brother-in-law’s fifteenth birthday. I love spending time with family and it’s even better when it’s during the week. Really breaks up the normal routine!
– train-ing for that new job at Whole Foods. One full day of orientation down. One more to go.
And…Life Lately (According to my Android)
What have you been up to this month?