Hi Everyone! I feel like it has been awhile since I have posted and since I missed my Tuesday Thoughts post, I figured I’d just switch it to today 🙂
1.) Come the first of the year, I am going to start a monthly post about the things that are currently taking place in my life. I am calling it the -ing series (until i think of something more creative.) 🙂 Some examples for December: runn-ing less than I’d like to, appreciat-ing the extra family time, freez-ing in this cold December weather (that finally arrived), worry-ing about our holiday budget, enjoy-ing Christmas goodies. Do you get where I’m going with it?
I feel like I saw something similar at some point; however I can’t remember exactly where I got the idea. If you have seen anything similar on another blog, feel free to leave it in the comments so I can be sure to link up 🙂
2.) Ever since we were married, Marty and I decided not to have cable television. Yes, there are plenty of shows that I enjoy watching but there are also plenty of shows that I enjoy watching that are a complete waste of time (you know the ones.) While I still enjoy these ‘time-wasters’ every now and then, I am glad that I don’t have the option to just plop down I front of the couch for hours at a time (because I HAVE and WOULD!)
That said, can I just say how thankful I am for Hulu Plus? For a small monthly fee, I can pick and choose what I spend my time watching. It definitely works better for me because it takes a little bit more effort than just turning on a TV.
What am I watching:
-The Mindy Project
And there you have it. My list was a lot longer when I had a television. I think it’s working out in our best interest…for now.
Do you have discipline when it comes to watching TV? What shows do you enjoy watching? Any guilty pleasures?
3.) Marty bought me a laptop!!!! No more dell as we decided on an HP with the new Windows 8! It definitely takes some getting used to but I am really enjoying the system so far 🙂
4.) I have seen so many movies in the past couple of weeks (I’m really starting to enjoy going to the movies again!) The recent movies: Silver Linings Playbook, Lincoln and Wreck It Ralph. All three were incredible but for different reasons. Lincoln moved a bit slow in the beginning but the acting was just superb! Wreck It Ralph might be one of the best animated movies I’ve ever seen. It was so clever and well put together. Literally, start to finish. As for Silver Linings Playbook – LOVED it. The acting. The actors. The plot. The candid script.
I highly recommend all of these. Have you seen any new movies lately?
5.) I bought a cute new tote from Whole Foods this week. Proceeds go to L.I.F.E. Line of Kenya. Cute + Supports a good cause = I’m sold!
6.) I have enjoyed reading everyone’s holiday posts 🙂 Here are a few that stick out in my mind:
– Unique Advent calendars found by Jorie
– Emily writes a great explanation for keeping Santa a part of Christmas
– Extra holiday turkey? Corrie has a great recipe to share!
– Erica gives great tips for keeping fit throughout the holidays
– A yummy (and quick) fudge recipe from Liz
– Want to watch your sugar through the holidays? Lauren has some tips to do so
– Sunnie complies a list of cute holiday treats for any Christmas party
These are just a few that I have really enjoyed reading lately. If you have a festive post that I overlooked, please share! I seriously can’t get enough 🙂
7) I recently finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and absolutely loved it (some of my friends and I read it for book club this month.) Check out my full review over at my book blog tomorrow! Next month we’ll be reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed.
8) I’ll end with some recent crafts from my nanny job. 🙂 I swear, this is the best perk of my job.
Happy Friday everyone!