First things first, it has been over a week since Jorie nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Thank you for thinking of me Jorie! You’re awesome! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, I encourage you to do so. Her blog is always interesting, relevant and she’s quite funny too 😀
I’m supposed to answer some questions for the nomination; however, my Tuesday Thoughts posts are typically a little long so I’ll spare you ten questions and just pick three of my favorites from the list.
What is your favorite time of day? My absolute favorite time of day is the morning. I used to be a night owl but for the past two years or so, I’ve really enjoyed the morning time. This doesn’t mean that I’m the best at getting up in the morning but once I’m out of bed; there is no better time of day!
What is your favorite physical activity? Recently, I’d have to say running. If you’re new to my blog, you might have read about my recent half marathon; however, I’ve only recently started running (as in the last six months.) I feel like I’ve come such a long way but I’m learning more and more after each run. I can’t wait to see where my new
obsession hobby will take me 🙂
What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? This one is easy: coffee. I’ve tried to break my habit of drinking more than a cup a day but sometimes you just need an extra ‘pick-me-up’ – you know?
Now for me nominations. First, here are the rules: Give a shout out to the person who nominated you, answer the questions, and then nominate six fellow bloggers in return.
1) More Fall Bucket List Activities can be crossed off my list…
Go for a nature walk Coffee date with Marty (festive drinks on the patio) Circleville Pumpkin Show Run a fall race
2) I always love sharing the crafts that I do (with the little girl that I nanny for):
3) I tried my Roasted Tomato Soup recipe again last night and I realized that I need to make it more than I do. The original recipe actually uses plum tomatoes but I can never seem to find them so I use cherry tomatoes instead (I’m not sure how big of a difference the tomatoes make but this recipe is delicious!)
4) Marty and I are headed to New York City over New Years and besides a few ‘touristy’ things I want to do; I’m not sure what should top our list? Any suggestions?
5) So I understand that we’re in the season of Halloween decorating but some people really take it to extremes (actually, Cori just wrote a blog post about this!) Anyways, while I don’t mind Halloween decorations during the month of October, we have these neighbors that put skeletons in their yard year round. I. don’t. get. it.
I took this picture while driving by the other day and, no joke, the big demon in the tree has been there since the beginning of September. I’m hoping it will come down after the next few days but since the skeletons have been there for over a year (they are always decorated for the season)…I’m not sure what will end up happening.
6) Tonight is Trick-Or-Treat and I’m so excited for the little trick-or-treater’s to stop by for some candy. This year, I decided to buy candy that I didn’t like very well, that way, I won’t binge on it all night (though, I really don’t think there is any candy I wouldn’t eat! It is all pretty tasty!) I’m hoping that the weather will stay relatively decent for tonight. Fingers crossed.
What kinds of candy did you get for Trick-Or-Treat night? Do you have a favorite candy? I am a huge fan of candy corn. My favorite candy bar would have to be an Almond Joy or a simple Hershey’s Bar!