Fall is undoubtedly my favorite season. The leaves, the cool weather, the food, the clothes, the holidays, the pumpkin (yes, this deserves its own category)– it’s the perfect time of year. That said, I decided to make a fall bucket list.
- Go to the Renaissance Festival
- Go to the pumpkin patch
- Carve pumpkins
Go apple picking
- Watch a scary movie on the front porch with blankets and hot cider
- Make a homemade pumpkin spice latte
- Make a pumpkin pie from scratch
- Go to a football game at Marty’s school
- Go to Oktoberfest
- Go for a nature walk
- Coffee date with Marty (festive drinks on a patio!)
- Run a fall race
- Make a homemade apple pie
- Circleville Pumpkin Show
I’m happy to say we completed one activity off the list over the weekend: apple picking!
I had never been apple picking (although Marty and I did take our engagement pictures in an apple orchard last year) but it seemed like the perfect way to begin this fun, festive season! Apple picking was so much fun and the market at Lynd’s Farm had some amazing deals on veggies and homemade goods. We picked up a couple of jars of jam, honey, five green peppers (for $1), five mini pumpkins (for $1) and a bag of Honey Crisp apples. Successful day at Lynd’s Fruit Farm!