Happy September everyone! We have officially entered my favorite time of year (though the weather seems to think otherwise); nonetheless, September is here which means pumpkin, apples, cinnamon, leaves changing, hiking and plenty of wine nights (on patios in the crisp, autumn evenings)!
Now for my ‘Tuesday Thoughts’…
1. Saturday night I decided to go see another movie! Marty and I had originally planned to go to the Greek Festival but it was a bit too humid and soggy outside for my taste so I encouraged him to go out with a guy friend instead. This meant, I had the evening all by myself (something that hasn’t happened much since I’ve been married – it was a nice change of pace.) Anyways, I was indecisive of what I wanted to do. I couldn’t decide between a coffee house + reading, a wine bar + reading, or a movie + popcorn + hot tea. I decided on the third option. Around eight o’clock, I headed to Cup O Joe for a hot orange cinnamon tea and then walked over to the movie theater to see Celeste and Jesse Forever. I hadn’t heard of it prior to Saturday but it looked like the best option for the evening.
I wasn’t ‘wowed’ by the film; I ultimately found it to be a bit depressing. I realize that I chose to see it (even after viewing the trailer) but I guess my expectations were a bit higher. We’re now laughing at divorce? It’s something that’s funny and we can just laugh off? I will praise the acting – especially Rashida Jones (she is stunning by the way!)
2. A few pictures from the farmer’s market (Roscoe’s first time!):
Don’t you just love fresh produce? I am looking forward to all the fresh apples that will be hitting the food stands in the upcoming weeks!!! Oh, the last picture was taken on our walk home from the market. I thought the heart in the door was so sweet.
3. I downloaded the Android app, Zombies, Run, over the weekend. A friend of mine told me to download it for my outdoor runs (most of my runs I do on an indoor track) as it really helped him gain mileage.
The description: “You tie your shoes, put on your headphones, take your first steps outside. You’ve barely covered 100 yards when you hear them. They must be close. You can hear every guttural breath, every rattling groan – they’re everywhere. Zombies. There’s only one thing you can do: Run! Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game and audio adventure, co-created with award-winning novelist Naomi Alderman. We deliver the story straight to your headphones through orders and voice recordings – and when you get back home, you use the supplies you’ve collected while running to build and grow your base.”
Doesn’t that sound fun? I have yet to use it but I am really looking forward to it.
4. Speaking of running, I’m feeling a bit more confident with my runs this week. I went on a nice four-miler before church on Sunday and with the humidity + my sore legs, I was surprised at the ease. I have my six-miler this week. We’ll see how it goes!
5. Today, I plan to get to Bath & Body Works for some of their fall scents: Cranberry Woods, Cinnamon Nut Bread, Pumpkin Cupcake and Brandied Pear. Can we just repeat Pumpkin Cupcake? YUM! Must get to B&BW ASAP!
Happy start of fall everyone! I know the weather isn’t quite ‘fall-like’ but I see some pumpkin recipes in my near future.