I’ve decided to start a reoccurring post on Tuesdays entitled ‘Tuesday Thoughts’. I think it’s safe to say that all of us are arbitrarily thinking of one thing or another, so why not blog about some of these random thoughts?
1) I’ll start off with a random one – I would really enjoy a big bowl of ‘Superman’ or ‘Blue Moon’ ice cream right now. Yes; that’s right. Maybe it’s a Midwestern thing? I can’t tell you how many times I devoured a cone of this delicious ice cream throughout my childhood. Whenever my mom headed to Meijer, I would offer to go with her just to be sure that we could get ‘Superman’ ice cream. I honestly can’t really describe the flavor to you (maybe vanilla, pistachio, marshmallow?) but it sounds so delicious right now.
2) I have an oral presentation due for my Spanish class this week. Speaking for 8-10 entirely in Spanish=No bueno.
3) I love this blog entry. It discusses the beauty within all women – no matter size or shape. It was written by a thirteen year old girl for the blog Hellogiggles. If only I was that wise at thirteen.
4) I’m thinking about signing up for my first 5K race. It’d be on this upcoming Thanksgiving Day. I have started to run once or twice a week and I know I can do it but whenever I have a difficult run, I get discouraged and quit. I’ve been so inspired by fellow bloggers – Perfection Isn’t Happy, Peace Love and Oats, and Blah Bethany– and their running experiences. What better way to start Thanksgiving than with a 5K?
5) I saw The Five-Year Engagement on Saturday and thought it was
kind of cute. Has anyone else seen it? I love both Emily Blunt and Jason Segel so I thought it’d be worthwhile (plus – it was produced by the same writers as Bridesmaids!) but it wasn’t as funny as I’d thought. I’d say that for every few dull moments, there was a humourous one. Several scenes did make me ‘laugh-out-loud’ in laughter but, all in all, I’d give it a 3/5 stars. I have to admit, every time that I see a movie like this-Bridesmaids, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Stepbrothers- I always find it much funnier the second time. Maybe that’ll be the case with this one too.