– Indulg-ing in a little too much TV. I’m not sure if I have ever mentioned it on here before but Marty and I don’t have a television. Scratch that. We do have a television but we don’t have a working DVD player, cable or even a box with basic channels. Why you ask? Well, for oen thing, we don’t want to pay 50+ for cable every month. Everyone’s budget is different and we would prefer to spend our money elsewhere (I.E. coffee and wine dates.) :) The other reason for this decision was to improve productivity at home. I spend enough time wastefully browsing the Internet, the last thing I need is for more of my time spent watching Kardashian + Sex in the City reruns.
That said…how am I watching too much TV?
Two glorious sites: Netflix and Hulu.
I’ve persuaded Marty to watch both The Mindy Show and New Girl and he can’t get enough (which is great for me because they are my two favorite shows. :) ) I also started watching episodes of The Office that I hadn’t seen (I stopped watching somewhere around the birth of Jim and Pam’s baby.) I need to cut back on the amount and continue to push through with my book challenge…speaking of…
– Pursu-ing that 52 book challenge for the year! I’m almost there! I have three books to go until I meet my goal. Maybe I’ll even surpass?!
- Books I Liked:
– I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson
– The Midwife by Jennifer Worth
– Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst
– Every Body Matters by Gary Thomas
- Books I Disliked:
– Fast Food Nation by Eric
– Erasing Hell by Francis Chan
– Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
– The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
– Celebrat-ing all things Halloween! Halloween themed books and crafts with the kiddos, spooky decorated houses on our evening walks and trick-or-treat night (including Hocus Pocus and perfectly themed label on our bottle of wine.)
I’m going to give myself two more weeks to complete items on my fall bucket list and then I’ll begin my winter one. I look forward to sitting down and writing it!
Life Lately (According to my iPhone)
(Top Left to Bottom Right) My parents cat, Oscar/Mr. Ethan playing with his toys/Tasty Peach Biscuit & Brambleberry ice cream from Jeni’s/Pumpkins at Whole Foods/Weekly shopping trip/Movie afternoon with Miss Cameron/Miss Cameron enjoying a nice fall afternoon outside/Rainboots+leaves=favorite time of year/Tasty autumn-inspired dinner/Bachelorette party at Buca