1.) My mom and dad threw me a birthday party on Sunday afternoon. We usually do it the weekend before or after my birthday; however, next weekend is out since Michelle is getting married on Friday night!! WHOO-HOO.
2.) Speaking of Michelle’s wedding; can you believe that my sister’s wedding is already coming up on Friday?? That time just flew by! Some quick thoughts regarding her wedding:
- I hope I’m not a blubbering mess while she walks down the aisle and the ceremony is taking place. I can just see it now…AH! Gotta make sure to pack some tissues.
- I’m really nervous about my maid of honor speech…especially because I have yet to write it! Procrastination!
- I’m so excited to see how everything comes together!! I swear, my mom really should go into business for creating beautiful, quick weddings!
- I am looking forward to slow dancing with Marty. We have done it a few times around our house for fun but we haven’t slow danced in public since our wedding <3
3.) Another sister update…her bachelorette party on Friday night was a success. We began the night at the Wine Bistro in Columbus. I thought it’d be fun to play ‘Bachelorette Scattergories’** (and I think it was one of the highlights of the night.)
**For a quick explanation of Bachelorette Scattergories = Write the brides soon-to-be last name across the top row, on the left column come up with five creative catergories such as ‘Honeymoon Destinations’ or ‘Places to Have Sex’ , give everyone 5-7 minutes to complete their card and when the time runs out, the bride begins to reveal her answer for the first row and you move around the table to see if people have duplicate answers (meaning both people don’t receive a point) or what original answers that others come up with The one with the most points at the end of the board win!
4.) TODAY is my BIRTHDAY It has been a great day so far…..
- I woke up around 830.
- Enjoyed a bowl of morning oats, Marty made me some coffee while I blogged a bit (and saw that Google knew it was my birthday!) Ha-ha.
- I went and got my eyebrows waxed.
- Afterwards, I went to the gym and worked out for awhile (finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.)
- On my way home, I stopped at Starbucks and enjoyed a ‘birthday’ coffee
- When I got home, Marty had chocolate brownie cupcakes on the table waiting for me! I was so surprised!
- I opened the gifts and discovered that he is taking me back to New York City in December! YAY!
- Now I’m cleaning our house up a bit.
- Tonight we are going to bike downtown, enjoy drinks on the river at Milestone 229 and then go to Rigsby’s Kitchen
Twenty-five is off to a great start!
5.) Check out our vacation to Destin, Florida if you haven’t yet!
What have you been up to in July?