1) Marty and I are headed to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania this weekend for a short getaway. My dad is originally from Pittsburgh and he still has family that lives there so I’m somewhat familiar with the area but, really, we’re just going to explore the city. A few things on our itinerary:
- The Andy Warhol Museum
- The Cathedral of Learning
- Primanti Brothers (Famous sandwiches)
- The Duquesne Incline (Amazing views of the city)
- The Pretzel Shop (BEST soft pretzels I’ve ever had and they are cheap! My dad always stops here when he is back in Pittsburgh and I’ve eaten several; however, I’ve never actually been to the shoppe. He always brings a bag home.)
- Hofbrauhaus Pittburgh (Authentic German Beer = yum!)
2) Some of the books I’ve recently read: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, The Middlesteins by Jami Attenberg, Real Marriage by Mark & Grace Driscoll, Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin and The Impostor’s Daughter by Laurie Sandell.
Any recommendations for you? Check out Attachments if you enjoy romantic comedies, The Impostor’s Daughter is you love to read graphic novels, Happier at Home if you’re looking for a quick read (though I didn’t love it, it was just okay!), and Real Marriage if you want to read some blunt truths about Godly marriage. I wouldn’t recommend The Middlesteins for the mere fact that it was kind of depressing.
3) In a reading mood? I want to share some great articles/posts I’ve stumbled upon:
- Things Your Grandparents Did (That You Should Do Too)
- Tips To Get An Effective Workout In At the End of Your Day
- 24 Lies People Tell Women
- The Power of Habit Investment (LOVE this list!)
- Are You a ‘Binge-Viewer’? (I admit to doing this a couple of times! The first season of New Girl and The Hills!)
4) What are you doing for Valentine’s Day? Do you have any plans? Like I said, Marty and I are headed to Pittsburgh this weekend so that is probably going to be our celebration but for the actual day – no ideas!
5) I bought these prints off of Etsy but I’m not sure where to display them in our house. I’m thinking the bedroom since our bedroom is mostly black and white. Also, special shout-out to Laura Amiss for her awesome designs
Do you ever buy anything off of Etsy? I just can’t get enough of that website!