With the end of summer swiftly approaching, I thought it’d be a good idea to make a list of books I hope to read this fall. Before I do so, I thought it’d be a good idea to look over some of the books I had
read planned to read over the summer. I have to admit, I’m a little embarrassed. I thought I’d crush this list over our honeymoon (we drove 10,000 miles – I thought I’d at least put a dent in it!) but, alas, I did not.
Maybe the list was overly ambitious? I started two of the books but quickly became uninterested. I’m hoping to read much more this fall (hopefully while outside on my front porch with a blanket and cup of tea/coffee!)
- Kasher in the Rye by Moshe Kasher
- Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
- Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin This wasn’t my favorite Giffin novel. Read my full review here.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
- The Descendents by Kaui Hart Hemmings I really loved this novel. It was original and well written. Read my full review here.
- The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
-Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro I read about 4-5 chapters and it just couldn’t keep my interest. I even started to watch the film but found myself a bit too bored.
- Eden Lake by Jane Roper
- Promises to Keep by Jane Green There have been better Green novels. This one was a bit too depressing for my taste. Read my full review here.
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larso I started this book but just couldn’t get into it. Maybe I’ll pick it up again one day.
Books I’m Currently Reading:
Books I Plan to Read This Fall:
And there you have it. My fall reading list!
What is at the top of your list this fall?