1. I finally got to a movie over the weekend. Marty and I went to see Dark Knight Rises with my sister and her boyfriend. I have to admit…I’m not big on action movies. I used to be, but anymore I really just enjoy movies that make me laugh. Anyways, the Dark Knight Rises was so well done. I was honestly blown away by the story, character development and overall theme. Not to mention I love Joseph Gordon Levitt and Anne Hathaway! I’m so glad that we finally decided to see this!
2. I haven’t listened to Taylor Swift in quite some time, but I am LOVING her new song We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. The thing I love about Taylor Swift is how honest and genuine her lyrics are. Sure, they’re a bit cheesy at times but I truthfully believe that she is a great role model for adolescent girls – and you can’t doubt that her songs are catchy! I also LOVE the lyric video
3. This past weekend was really nice. I worked early on Saturday morning; however, I was able to catch up with an old friend at one of my favorite places, The Wine Bistro, that evening. Is there anything better than great conversation, red wine and a cheese board? Very few things compare On Sunday, Marty and I spent the entire day together! First we went to church (which I almost overslept for – oops!), then to the gym for a workout, then to my parents for family dinner (with yummy strawberry shortcakes probably the last of summer) and we ended the evening with The Dark Knight Rises.
4. This morning I woke up around seven and decided to take Roscoe on a walk up to Cup O Joe. I enjoyed a cup of coffee on the patio while reading Real Marriage by Mark Driscoll (loving this book by the way.) I love that Cup O Joe gives away free dog treats – and I think Roscoe does too
5. I really need to recover my couch but am unsure of what color fabric to choose. I also can’t decide if it’d be cheaper to just buy new couches instead of spending money on fabric and stuffing (not to mention the time I’ll spend working on it.) Our walls are a dark blue and we have white trim. The couches are cream/beige but I kind of want a fun new color – something that will pop! Or maybe I’ll just find some fun accent pillows? Decisions, decisions!